We are looking for a lead engineer who will be responsible for designing and building specific components of the Xfinity Voice Assistant Platform that is used by millions of customers every day. We use advanced machine learning and cloud technologies to process the billions of natural language queries we receive every year and to make a user’s input actionable. You would be part of our rapidly growing Applied AI research and engineering team that owns the full stack and operationalization of our voice product offerings, as well as advanced analytics and ML pipeline work.
You will work with other engineers and researchers with backgrounds in advanced fields such as natural language processing and machine learning (including deep learning). As a key member and technology leader of the team, you will help define, refine, and test state of the art algorithms, and scale the associated systems for high performance, stability, and availability in the cloud.
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization encourages career development with regular opportunities for training and programs for innovative cross-team projects such as week-long Hackathon and job rotation programs over the summer.
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Providing technical leadership for platform design and implementation
- Building the data pipelines and scale the algorithms that fuel the intelligence of the voice platform
- Developing a platform that applies continuous delivery principles to the deployment of machine learning models
- Using data and metrics to inform your decision making.
- Building proof-of-concept applications or conducting exploratory experiments for the platform.
- Collaborating with your quality assurance and technical operations peers as one team.
- Resisting the accrual of “technical debt” in our systems.
- Mentoring more junior members of the technical staff, performing code reviews, and leading the team to be effective and agile.
- Working in a self-driven environment where engineers own their products end to end.
- Staying educated on technical developments and tools necessary for the design and maintenance of complex, distributed platforms.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- 4+ years of server-side or cloud development experience
- Proficient with two or more general purpose programming languages – Java, Scala, Go, or Python
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience deploying and maintaining production services in AWS
- Experience with continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing
- Hands-on experience with distributed processing technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop)
- Experience with Spring boot and Docker a plus
To apply please click here!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer