Are you interested in solving computer vision problems that involve massive video data sets from millions of cameras, hundreds of thousands of on-demand videos or thousand channels of live TV? Do you have experience in building large-scale computer vision and machine learning system? Do you want to conduct industry-leading research in content analysis technologies and real-time and cloud computer vision algorithms to create smart digital homes and help millions of households discover and interact with video and music content on their TV, PC, Phone, and Mobile devices?
If yes, come join the Comcast Applied AI group. We are an innovative research group within Comcast’s Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington, DC, Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that does groundbreaking research to support the development of novel Deep Learning and Computer Vision based products for Comcast’s 22+ Million consumers.
We are currently looking to hire a senior research scientist/engineer with experience in conducting cutting-edge research in AI and Machine Learning applied to the smart home domains.
The position will be in Washington, DC. We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. To better serve our community, we believe the diversity of our team should reflect the diversity of our customers.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience; Ph.D. preferred.
– Strong publications on computer vision and deep learning, including but not limited to video analytics, object detection/recognition, and event/activity recognition.
– Strong programming and software development skills in C/C++ and familiarity with Computer Vision OR expert in Computer Vision,
and familiarity with C/C++, Python, deep learning frameworks (Keras, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, Caffe), and edge or cloud based computing.
– Develops new algorithmic solution and technical requirements of custom designs for future products and applications.
– Conducts research in one or more of the following areas: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, and Video Analytics.
– Works with other Technical Leads, Product Managers and Business Partners to lead development of prototypes that demonstrate Research work, help with Product Discovery and integrate research output into engineering code base.
– Works with various team members both within and outside Research. Ensures timely progress of work. Conducts Research in an incremental manner thereby enabling faster integration of technology into products. Able to evaluate prototype systems, write technical papers, and help with technology transfer.
– Keeps track of developments in field both in academia and in industry. Attending relevant conferences and publishing research results is encouraged.
Years of Experience:
Generally, 3-5 years after Bachelor’s or Master’s, or 0-3 years after Ph.D.
To apply for this position please click here!